Thursday, November 29, 2012

Another Terrific Group Meeting!

We had another terrific meeting today/tonight. It ended earlier than usual, due to commitments of group members. We had a great time catching up though, and general chit chat before getting down to business!

Our task was to write a super-short story (76 words). The results were all outstanding stories, with beginning, middle and ending, fantastic stuff! Paragraph Planet publishes something similar to this, but they require 75 words, with the first few words becoming the title of the story. Click on the name Paragraph Planet for a link to their website for more information.

For next week, we are all to 'Write from the point of view of a disgruntled kitchen or bedroom object. When you've finished, respond as you would to a lover/partner.'

How does that sound? Something you'd like to get your writing teeth into? Go for it, and come back here, or come to the meeting next week and tell us all about it! 3.30 pm, Prince Albert Hotel, Gawler.

3 comments:

  1. I have my piece written and ready to be printed. As long as I remember to print it and bring it along on Thursday, all will be well.
    This exercise took me into a weird hidden world going on in my kitchen, and in my head. I love these writing exercises, it takes me to unusual places, and that's a great thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a fun exercise and I also wrote my piece on a kitchen item. I've posted it on my blogsite at: http://meansandmotive.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed doing this writing exercise too! Putting yourself in the point of view of an inanimate object is a great work out for the imagination!

    ReplyDelete

Have any thoughts on this? Leave a comment!