Friday, February 1, 2013

Another New Member

Well, at our meeting yesterday, we were missing a member, but we had a potential new member arrive. She hasn't handed in for membership form or membership fee yet, but I certainly think she'll be coming back!

We had fun again, and some of us read our homework from last week. We all seem to have had a good think about the books we read way back when we were kids, and it was fascinating to hear what books members remembered from when they were younger.

We did a writing exercise too, one from the wonderful book 'Poetic Medicine The Healing Art of Poem-Making' by John Fox - many many thanks Colleen for passing that one on to me! I feel like Colleen was fated to find this book at the Gawler Community Centre, so she could pass it on to me!

We talked about how our 'Fairy Story Twisted Sideways' is going - we've already received an entry! I've been getting emails every day from people wanting more information about it, and I'm getting even more excited about it.

I hope we get hundreds of great twisted fairy stories to choose from, to put into our collection! If you'd like to know more about this competition, feel free to send me an email about it jeebers@aussiebb.com.au


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any thoughts on this? Leave a comment!