Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I love creative writing exercises!

Fun things to do with words:

This is the exercise to be done for the North Eastern Writers group, with the meeting on Thursday night:
The writing task, as far as I understand it, was to write a poem with that famous story starter “It was a dark and stormy night” and then continue on, without using the letter ‘E’.

http://gardendog.wordpress.com/2013/04/16/it-feels-kinda-like-cheating/

I posted this bit on my blog post for today, with the poem I wrote in response to the exercise. It was tricky, that's for sure, but it made me think hard, and that's got to be a good thing, doesn't it? It's so difficult to write in English without using 'E', that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any thoughts on this? Leave a comment!