Friday, April 12, 2013

Our New Member


This is Mr Boots, Puss to his friends! He joined us at our last meeting at the Prince Albert Hotel in Gawler. I'm hoping he will continue to be a friendly face at our meetings. 

If you'd like to have him in your home for a week, let me know at the meeting, and you can take him home with you. Make sure you bring him back though!

We had fun writing short stories last Thursday, using some interesting bits of writing as our story prompt. These 'bits of writing' were something I'd never heard of, that were emailed to me by a friend, Jocelyn. They're called a Paraprosdokian. Apparently Winston Churchill liked them. That may or may not tempt you to give them a try.

I was certainly inspired by the two I chose, my story flowed along very easily. I'm happy with my story, and I look forward to hearing the others again, when they're properly finished off. Another very pleasant afternoon of friends and words.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any thoughts on this? Leave a comment!